Amazon

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Amazing Grace

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound. That saved a wretch like me..."  My favorite hymn since the first moment I can remember hearing it.   Since we are coming upon Easter, a time of rejoicing, reflection and humbleness for all who know our Savior, I thought I'd share my favorite song.  This version is a little different than the original hymn, but I think the same message carries:

"When we've been there ten thousand years.  Bright, shining as the sun.  We've no less days to sing God's praise, then when we'd first begun." -The final verse of the song.  I think it reminds us that God's Love and Guidance for us are never fading. It will always be there, whether it be the day we give our whole hearts to him or long after we have left this earth and joined him in heaven.  There are no certain number of days to give God praise.  It was happening long before we were born and always will be.  His Grace, Love and Mercy are always present.

These two well known verses are ones I learned at a young age, and I will carry them with me always:

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."  -Ephesians 2:8-9

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."   -John 3:16-17




No comments:

Post a Comment